Puberty: The Wonder Years Is for You!
Teachers! Puberty: The Wonder Years™ curriculum gives you teacher-friendly lessons with clear instructions and a script to follow until you are comfortable. You also receive many Online Teacher Resources to implement the lessons, including teacher masters, student worksheets, family resources, and full-color, animated slides.
Students! Puberty: The Wonder Years™ is puberty education specifically for students in grades 4, 5, and/or 6. Fun and interactive lessons teach students the knowledge and skills needed to lay a foundation for developing into sexually healthy adults.
Parents! Puberty: The Wonder Years™ engages you with your child as they learn the knowledge and skills they need to develop healthy attitudes and relationships as they delay sexual behaviors. Family resources come in English and Spanish.
Curriculum Adoption Tools
Each school district’s curriculum council or sex education advisory committee will determine which lessons should be taught at each grade. Because each community is unique, local districts may choose to adapt the curriculum. They may decide to teach one, two, or all three years of the curriculum. Or they may choose to teach the curriculum at a different grade level than the one designated by the curriculum guide.
These tools and resources will support you as you adopt the curriculum:
- Motivation & tools for stakeholders
- Curriculum adoption process
- “Process for Adopting Puberty: The Wonder Years in Schools”
Want the Details?
Learn more about Puberty: The Wonder Years™:
- Synopsis of Puberty: The Wonder Years™ Grades 4, 5, 6 (revised 2017-3-12)
- Puberty: The Wonder Years Brochure (2018)
- Puberty: The Wonder Years Features (2020)
- Evaluation Outcomes (2018)
- Puberty: The Wonder Years Evaluation Infogram (2018)
- Puberty: The Wonder Years™ Flyer (revised 2017-4-20)
- Puberty: The Wonder Years™ Price List (revised 2020-3-13)
- Puberty The Wonder Years FAQs 2020
- Logic Model for Puberty: The Wonder Years™
Each purchase of Puberty: The Wonder Years includes the curriculum guide (hard copy) and the Online Teacher Resources (digital). Click on the menu to the right for helpful information about Puberty: The Wonder Years student learning objectives, how families are engaged, and alignments to other health initiatives.
Companion Materials for Puberty: The Wonder Years™
We offer these optional companion materials to support educators and enhance student learning:
- Student assessment surveys for grades 4, 5, and 6
- Teacher survey (free)
- Implementation fidelity logs (free)
- Student workbooks for grades 4, 5, and 6
- Optional lessons for grade 6
- Trainers Toolkit
Videos and Other Supplemental Materials
Videos and other supplemental materials are NOT included with the Puberty: The Wonder Years curriculum guides. However, selected videos are available for sale via this website for your convenience. Videos come in DVD format. If you need videos in USB format, please contact us to request a quote. The following two documents assist educators in selecting the videos that are needed to implement the lessons:
- Video and Materials List, Grades 4, 5, and 6 (revised 2017-5-10)
- Video Selection Checklist (revised 2017-5-10)
Professional Development Options
Three options are available for training on Puberty: The Wonder Years™:
- Online Training Course
- Face-to-face workshop
- Trainer’s Toolkit