Which of these Puberty: The Wonder Years professional development options is best for you?
Online Training Course
This e-learning course will help you feel more comfortable and confident about teaching sex education whether you’re a teacher, school nurse, or community educator. While the course is designed to prepare educators for teaching Puberty: The Wonder Years 2021 edition in grades 4, 5, and/or 6, it is also useful for teaching any sex education lessons in those grades.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Practice skills needed to teach sex education.
- Describe the laws and boundaries that impact teaching sex education.
- Create a plan to strengthen parent and family involvement.
Learn more about the Online Training Course and how to enroll.
The Puberty: The Wonder Years Online Training Course is available in several options: Grade 4 Master Course, Grade 5 Master Course, or Grade 6 Master Course. Educators who teach more than one grade level will also be able to select one or two additional grade-specific add-on courses: Grade 4 Add-On, Grade 5 Add-On, and/or Grade 6 Add-On. You will be able to work at your own pace, and the course is available to you 24/7. You may complete it in a day or stretch it out to fit your schedule. Click here for the list of PWY Online Teacher Training Course Modules.
Hybrid Professional Development
This hybrid professional development option prepares you to implement Puberty: The Wonder Years. The training includes two parts:
- Part 1 is an online Asynchronous Prework Course that must be completed prior to Part 2. Read more (PDF).
- Part 2 is a live, synchronous video training. You will receive information about Part 2 prior to your training date.
This unique workshop is designed for up to 25 educators to learn and engage in a range of informative, relevant, and inspiring skill-development activities. Read more (PDF). Contact Wendy to plan and schedule your workshop.