Online Training Course
So, you’ve been asked to teach sex education. Okay, maybe you were told, not asked. Either way, you will be teaching a topic that you didn’t study in college…awkward! No worries! The Puberty Lady has your back. This online training course will help you feel more comfortable and confident about teaching sex education whether you’re a teacher, school nurse, or community educator.
Sex Ed Is Challenging!
- You probably didn’t have college courses or professional development to prepare you to teach sex education. This online training course will help you build a positive classroom climate, answer student questions, and build family support. You will feel more comfortable and confident teaching puberty education.
- If you work in a smaller school or organization, you probably have limited resources to access face-to-face professional development that costs thousands of dollars. This online course is only $149.
- Perhaps you live in a region where professional development is not readily accessible, such as rural areas, large urban centers, or international locations. You can take this course anywhere, anytime. It is self-paced and available 24/7.
- Your school or agency is probably concerned about controversy related to sex education. This course shows you how to build family engagement and support.
Make Sex Ed Easier!
- This course focuses on the skills needed to teach sex education. Other online courses focus on specific topics, such as HIV prevention, pregnancy prevention, or special education.
- This course focuses on sex education for students in grades 4, 5, and 6. Most other professional development is focused on higher grade levels.
- This course allows the educator to select the specific grade level(s) that they will teach. If they change grades later, they can select an additional course module for their new grade level.
- This course provides a forum for educators to share ideas, questions, and experiences with other colleagues. This is especially supportive of teachers who are the only sex educator in their organization, those who prefer learning in a one-to-one setting, and those who can’t get release time to attend workshops.
- This course is designed to prepare educators for teaching Puberty: The Wonder Years in grades 4, 5, and/or 6. However, it is also useful for teaching any sex education lessons in those grades.
Buy Your Course
The Online Training Course is available in multiple versions to fit your needs. Purchase one Master Course per educator. If you will teach multiple grades, select the grade-specific add-on course(s) as needed. Note: The Online Training Course is for individuals, not for groups. See the specifics below:
If you teach one grade level, click on the Master Course for your grade to get the complete course for your grade.
If you teach more than one grade level, select the additional, Add-On grade(s) you need.
Upon completion of your order, you’ll get two emails: 1) a confirmation of your order, AND 2) a later email providing your username and password for the online course login.
To find your purchased course(s), You may select the “My Courses” link from the top of this website page OR use the link in your email providing the online course login. You’ll need your course login email with your credentials to log into your courses.
Want More Details?
The course will prepare you with the skills and information needed to teach puberty education, and it will provide an opportunity to share your experiences and questions with colleagues in course forums. While the course is designed to prepare educators for teaching Puberty: The Wonder Years in grades 4, 5, and/or 6, it is also useful for teaching any sex education lessons in those grades.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Summarize the content, strategies, and organization of Puberty: The Wonder Years for grades 4, 5, and/or 6.
- Practice the skills needed to teach sex education.
- Describe the laws and boundaries that impact teaching sex education.
- Create a plan to strengthen parent and family involvement.
You can work at your own pace. The course is available 24/7 so you may complete it in a day or stretch it out to fit your schedule. Upon completion, you will receive a certificate of completion you can use to apply for CEUs.
Puberty: The Wonder Years Online Training Course consists of shorter modules that vary in length from 10 to 60 minutes each. Read a list of the PWY Online Training Course Modules and estimated times for completion. Many thanks to our expert course developers and beta testers. Please read and share this Online Course brochure.
How the Online Training Course Works
Watch this short video to see how the Puberty: The Wonder Years Online Training Course works.