So, you’ve been asked to teach sex education. Okay, maybe you were told, not asked. Either way, you will be teaching a topic that you didn’t study in college…awkward! No worries! The Puberty Lady has your back. This sex education online course for teachers will help you feel more comfortable and confident about teaching sex education whether you’re a teacher, school nurse, or community educator. AND it is updated in 2022! Learn how to teach sex education with this Online Training Course.
Sex Ed Is Challenging!
- You probably didn’t have college courses or professional development on how to teach sex education. This online training course will help you build a positive classroom climate, provide accurate information to answer student questions, and build family support. You will feel more comfortable andconfident teaching puberty education.
- If you work in a smaller school or organization, you probably have limited resources to access face-to-face professional development that costs thousands of dollars. This online sex ed course for teachers is only $149.
- Perhaps you live in a region where professional development is not readily accessible, such as rural areas, large urban centers, or international locations. You can take this course anywhere, anytime. It is self-paced and available 24/7.
- Your school or agency is probably concerned about controversy related to sex education. This course shows you how to build family engagement and support.
Make Sex Ed Easier!
This online training course will show you how to teach sex education as it…
- Focuses on the skills needed to teach sex education. Other online courses focus on specific topics, such as HIV prevention, pregnancy prevention, or special education.
- Focuses on sex education for students in grades 4, 5, and 6. Most other professional development is focused on higher grade levels.
- Allows the educator to select the specific grade level(s) that they will teach. If they change grades later, they can select an additional course module for their new grade level.
- Provides a forum for educators to share ideas, questions, and experiences with other colleagues. This is especially supportive of teachers who are the only sex educator in their organization, those who prefer learning in a one-to-one setting, and those who can’t get release time to attend workshops.
- Is designed to prepare educators for teaching Puberty: The Wonder Years in grades 4, 5, and/or 6; Is updated to the 2021 edition.
- Is useful for teaching any sex education curriculum or lesson plans in grades 4, 5, and/or 6.
Buy Your Course
The Online Training Course is available in multiple versions to fit your needs. Purchase one Master Course per educator. If you will teach multiple grades, select the grade-specific add-on course(s) as needed. Note: The Online Training Course is for individuals, not for groups. See course details HERE. Ready to buy your Online Training Course?
Want More Details?
This online sexual health education course will prepare you with the skills and information needed to teach puberty education, and it will provide an opportunity to share your experiences and questions with colleagues in course forums. While the course is designed to prepare educators for teaching Puberty: The Wonder Years in grades 4, 5, and/or 6, it is also useful for teaching any sex education lessons in those grades.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Summarize the content, strategies, and organization of Puberty: The Wonder Years for grades 4, 5, and/or 6.
- Practice the skills needed to teach sex education.
- Describe the laws and boundaries that impact teaching sex education.
- Create a plan to strengthen parent and family involvement.
You can work at your own pace. The course is available 24/7 so you may complete it in a day or stretch it out to fit your schedule. Upon completion, you will receive a certificate of completion you can use to apply for CEUs. See course details HERE.