We currently offer the following Companion Materials for Puberty: The Wonder Years™ to support educators and enhance student learning:
- Add-On Lessons
- Pre- and Post-Tests
- Online Training Courses for educators
- “Preparing Parents for Puberty” online parent course
For details, scroll down. To purchase these companion materials, click HERE.
Want to extend the learning? Need to meet state standards? These easy-to-use, Add-On Lessons provide everything you need to teach, including scripted lesson plans with engaging student activities; full-color, animated slides; student worksheets; and answer keys. These lessons are intended to be used as supplements to Puberty: The Wonder Years, not as stand-alone lessons. They extend the learning in the core lessons by teaching about the following topics:
- Lesson A: Building Blocks of Life
- Lesson B: Dominant or Recessive
- Lesson C: Fetal Development
- Lesson D: New Life
- Lesson E: Understanding Ourselves and Others: Gender and Sexual Orientation
- Lesson F: Safe and Nurturing Touches Only
- Lesson G: Preventing Pregnancy and STIs
- Lesson H: HIV and STIs
These are add-on lessons for one or more of the following reasons:
- The topics aren’t part of the National Sex Ed Standards, but some schools might like to teach them if they have time or want to integrate with science.
- The topics might be taught by some schools and not others at these grades.
- To allow flexibility in teaching the topic at any grade level to meet the needs of the school’s program.
Pre- and Post-Tests
Would you like to assess changes in student knowledge, attitude, and skills as a result of your Puberty: The Wonder Years instruction? Want to prove that you’re making a difference? Need evaluation results for your teacher evaluation? If so, these easy-to-use pre- and post-tests are for you!
- Grade 4: Assess student learning with a Pre-Survey, Post-Survey, and Answer Key
- Grade 5: Assess student learning with a Pre-Survey, Post-Survey, and Answer Key
- Grade 6: Assess student learning with a Pre-Survey, Post-Survey, and Answer Key
To purchase these companion materials, click HERE.
Two options are currently available for training on Puberty: The Wonder Years:
- Online Training Course: Learn more HERE.
- Hybrid Training: Part 1 is synchronous, online prework course and Part 2 is live, synchronous, webinar training. Read more.
“Preparing Parents for Puberty”
Learn more about this online course for parents HERE.