Puberty: The Wonder Years Is for You!
To new and experienced teachers who teach puberty education in grades 4-6, Puberty: The Wonder Years is the new, digital curriculum that provides teacher-friendly lesson plans, scripts, training, and resources that make it easy to teach students and build support from their parents and caregivers. With Puberty: The Wonder Years, you will feel good about using a turnkey curriculum that meets student needs and reduces your prep time.
To school administrators who are responsible for supervising puberty education in their schools, Puberty: The Wonder Years is the new, current, teacher-friendly curriculum for grades 4-6 that helps teach students healthy relationship skills, increasing the connections with peers and adults that keep students in school. With Puberty: The Wonder Years, you can be sure that puberty education is taught consistently across the school system and family engagement strategies are implemented to protect students, strengthen the school-family partnership, and build support for teaching puberty education.
Parents and caregivers! Do you want help knowing how to talk to your children about puberty and family values related to sexuality? Puberty: The Wonder Years offers you the resources you’ve been seeking to help you have ongoing discussions with your kids. After all, you are protecting children from abuse and equipping them for a safe, healthy, happy life. What could possibly be more important than that?
Students! Do you wish you could learn about the changes you are going through? Do you wish trusted adults would answer your questions? Puberty: The Wonder Years is puberty education specifically for students in grades 4, 5, and/or 6. Fun and interactive lessons teach students the knowledge and skills needed to lay a foundation for developing into sexually healthy adults.
Learn more about Puberty: The Wonder Years™ 2021 edition:
- Synopsis of Puberty: The Wonder Years™ Grades 4, 5, 6 (2021)
- Puberty: The Wonder Years 2021 Awareness Presentation slides and handout
- What is new in the 2021 edition of Puberty: The Wonder Years
- How Puberty: The Wonder Years 2015-17 Changed to Puberty: The Wonder Years 2021
- Comparison of Puberty The Wonder Years 2021 to 2015 Presentation slides and handout
- Puberty: The Wonder Years Brochure
- Puberty: The Wonder Years Features
- Evaluation Outcomes
- Puberty: The Wonder Years Evaluation Infogram
- Puberty: The Wonder Years Budget Worksheet
- Puberty The Wonder Years FAQs (2021)
- Logic Model for Puberty: The Wonder Years
- National Sex Education Standards & Puberty: The Wonder Years (2021)
- State Specific Resources
Subscription to Puberty: The Wonder Years includes:
- Digital curriculum guide with lessons
- Digital Online Teacher Resources
- Social media toolkit
- Parent presentation slides
- Teacher survey
- Implementation fidelity logs
Select one-year, three-year, or five-year subscriptions. Select one grade, two grades, or three grades.
Curriculum Adoption Tools
Each school district’s curriculum council or sex education advisory committee will determine which lessons should be taught at each grade. Because each community is unique, local districts may choose to adapt the curriculum. They may decide to teach one, two, or all three years of the curriculum. Or they may choose to teach the curriculum at a different grade level than the one designated by the curriculum guide.
These tools and resources will support you as you adopt the curriculum:
- Motivation & tools for stakeholders
- Curriculum adoption process
- Process for Adopting Puberty: The Wonder Years in Schools
Companion Materials for Puberty: The Wonder Years™
We offer these optional companion materials to support educators and enhance student learning:
- Add-On lessons
- Pre- and Post-Tests for grades 4, 5, and 6
- Online Teacher Training for educators
- “Preparing Parents for Puberty” online parent course
Videos and Other Supplemental Materials
Videos are not included with your Puberty: The Wonder Years subscription. Whenever possible, free streaming videos have been selected to enhance the lessons. However, some schools might prefer to purchase the rights to stream a commercially produced video to meet the lesson objectives. The following two documents assist educators in selecting the videos that are needed to implement those lessons:
Professional Development Options
Two options are available for training on Puberty: The Wonder Years™:
- Online Training Course
- Face-to-face workshop (paused during pandemic)