If you have been using Puberty: The Wonder Years prior to October 2021, you are using the Legacy Edition (©2015-2017). Thank you for your strong support for teaching Puberty: The Wonder Years for all these years.
Like all good things, puberty education must grow and change to meet the ever-changing needs of our students and educators. Here is how we are growing, changing, and improving:
- Sadly, change means saying “good-bye.” The Legacy Edition of Puberty: The Wonder Years (©2015-2017) was “sunsetted” on June 30, 2022. That means it will not be sold or supported any longer. Important: If you intend to continue using the Legacy Edition, you had to download your Online Teacher Resources to your computer. They are no longer on the website after June 30. Please read the FAQs below for more information.
- Happily, it also means saying “hello!” Drumroll please… the 2021 edition of Puberty: The Wonder Years is here! It is all digital, inclusive, and provided in English and Spanish. I invite you to explore all the awesome benefits of the new 2021 Edition of Puberty: The Wonder Years and update! Important: If you are using the 2021 Edition, your access to the digital curriculum and Online Teacher Resources will continue to be the same.
Please contact me if you have any questions about the Legacy Edition sunset or the 2021 Edition of Puberty: The Wonder Years. I look forward to continuing to work together to equip students with the knowledge and skills they need to be safe and healthy during puberty and beyond!
FAQs about the Legacy Edition Sunset
|If we currently use the Legacy Edition of Puberty: The Wonder Years, can we continue to use it?||Yes and No. You can continue to use the Legacy Edition (©2015-17). It is a printed edition. Important: The Legacy Online Teaching Resources were “sunsetted” on June 30, 2022. That means they are no longer on the website. To keep using them, you had to download them to your computer before June 30. No exceptions can be made.|
|If we continue to teach the Legacy Edition of Puberty: The Wonder Years, will we still be able to login for our Online Teacher Resources?||No. After June 30, 2022, the Legacy Edition Online Teacher Resources are no longer on the website. You will be able to login, but no resources for the Legacy Edition will be there. The only way to keep using your Legacy Online Teacher Resources is if you previously downloaded them to your computer.|
|If we have purchased Puberty: The Wonder Years in the past, will we automatically get access to the 2021 edition?||No. Access to the 2021 Edition of Puberty: The Wonder Years will be available if curriculum subscriptions are purchased.|
|Why should we buy the 2021 Edition of Puberty: The Wonder Years if we already own the Legacy Edition?||Over time, things change in puberty education. To stay current and relevant, puberty education needs to be reviewed on a regular cycle like every other academic subject. This review will reveal the need to update curricula and teaching materials.|
|How is the 2021 Edition of Puberty: The Wonder Years different from the Legacy Edition?||The 2021 Edition is all digital to allow easy access whether teaching virtually or in-person. The lessons have been updated to address current topics and align with the 2020 National Sex Ed Standards. Read How it Changed (PDF) and a Comparison of the Editions (PDF).|
|Is the digital 2021 Edition of Puberty: The Wonder Years available in hard copy?||Yes. A hard copy may be added to each digital subscription for those who like a printed copy of the lessons. While the digital curriculum will be updated in real time, the hard copy will not.|
|Does the 2021 edition of Puberty: The Wonder Years still provide Online Teacher Resources?||Yes. New, expanded Online Teacher Resources will be housed on the website and can be downloaded for use with each subscription to the 2021 Edition of Puberty: The Wonder Years. They include expansive slides to guide the lessons, student materials, family resources, parent presentation slides, and a social media toolkit… all in English and Spanish.|
|How can I get more information about updating to the 2021 Edition of Puberty: The Wonder Years?||Now is a good time to upgrade to the 2021 edition of Puberty: The Wonder Years and get…|
1. All digital curricula.
2. Updated lessons and current topics based on teacher input and the 2020 National Sex Ed Standards.
3. Expanded teacher supports and resources, including sample scripts, detailed slides, and streaming videos.
4. English and Spanish versions of lessons and resources.
Please take the next steps to update:
- Sign up for a free lesson if you would like to get a quick example.
- Request a free, digital, 60-day curriculum preview for your curriculum review team.
- Check out our shop (our discounted prices are still running).